+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Jerry Jones pursuing Sean Payton for Cowboys HC Job and he is considering it.

1. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote Originally Posted by pantherfaninfl View Post
    Just saying, no matter how strong the bond is between a sports icon and a city is, he will still leave if the situation is right.

I dont think we have ever had an athlete mor connected to their city like Lebron, he was the homegrown "chosen one".
    But Sean Payton has already won a ring in New Orleans, and stands a reasonable chance of getting another in the near future. Lebron never got a ring in Cleveland and, given the franchise's inability to surround him with capable supporting players, likely never would have.

2. Quote Originally Posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
    But Sean Payton has already won a ring in New Orleans, and stands a reasonable chance of getting another in the near future. Lebron never got a ring in Cleveland and, given the franchise's inability to surround him with capable supporting players, likely never would have.
    Also LBJ is much more of a ****.

3. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mister3nOut View Post
    Also LBJ is much more of a ****.
    Agreed. My post wasn't intended to support Lebron. Dude's a douchebag and I can't believe he quit on an entire city.

4. Join Date
    May 2010

The situations are not comparable. LeBron left for a much better chance at a championship, and gave up nothing but "leaving" his hometown. DAL would be a worse situation for Payton. The only justifiable reason he could go is if Jerruh showers him with $10M/year or something. And even then, it's probably a stupid move. He's going to be expected to win the Super Bowl every year, and the media will never ever shut up about him if he doesn't.

LEELEE PUDRIYA, LEELEE MACHKA
    мать Россия

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Cool a LBJ discussion. LBJ: Great player, or greatest player?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by CreamRanger View Post
    Wow... Payton better not leave to go coach in Dallas. That would be a huge insult to New Orleans and exemplify Jerry Jones' ability to get anything he wants with his money.
    How much can they really complain? He gave them a Super Bowl victory.

I think you'd have to be an idiot to want to go anywhere near Jerry Jones if you are a respectable coach, but I guess Sean Payton disagrees. Personally, I'd be friends with him (if I were friends), but I would never work for Jerry Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
    Cool a LBJ discussion. LBJ: Great player, or greatest player?
    What does Lyndon Baines Johnson have to do with this topic?

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by canthony View Post
    I told my dad I did not believe this at all when he was telling me, but he has known that family for a long time and he seemed insistent that it was a possibility. (Which caught me off guard considering his complete lack of knowledge with the NFL)

Just putting it out there.
    Like I said, I don't think any of them, or you, are lying. It's just that so many misunderstandings could have happened along the way. Hell, the fact that the root source of this is apparently Jerry himself makes it questionable. For all we know, he could have been hearing what he wanted to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDude View Post
    If the 49ers make it to the 2014-2015 season NFCCG, I will paypal you and every other 49ers fan on here $200.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

I don't put any stock into rumors for the most part, so all I'm going to say is that I would not be surprised if Payton has a desire to coach the Cowboys. He really seems like the kind of guy that is competent, confident, and ambitious. I don't doubt that he wants to win Super Bowls with multiple teams; it's a great way to build a legacy as a coach. Of course, creating a dynasty would be just as great, but who would go down in history more celebrated: the coach of a Saints dynasty, or the coach of a Cowboys dynasty? i think we all know the answer to that one. |
    that being said, I find it highly, highly, HIGHLY unlikely that something like this would be happening as soon as next year. 3-4 maybe, but not now.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008

it won't happen payton stays put in N.O.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010

i have no doubt that jones can buy a lot of juicy fruit and deliver it properly instead of f***** spearmint
    http://forum.walterfootball.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13514&dateline=133661  7339

+ Reply to Thread