2013 NFL Free Agent Positions:
| FA Grades
2013 NFL Free Agency:
Star rating is out of five. Age listing as of Sept. 1, 2013.
Follow me @walterfootball
2013 NFL Free Agent Positions:
Victor Cruz (RFA), WR, Giants. Age: 26.
Tendered by Giants (1st round)
Victor Cruz proved that his amazing 2011 season was no fluke, catching 86 balls for 1,092 yards and 10 touchdowns this past year. He carried the receiving corps when Hakeem Nicks was out.
Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs. Age: 28.
Re-signed with Chiefs (5 years)
Dwayne Bowe is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He consistently posts solid fantasy numbers, so people think he's better than he really is. The box score doesn't show that Bowe constantly drops passes and is responsible for interceptions. He's a very good No. 2 wideout, but he's too unreliable to be a top option.
Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers. Age: 27.
Signed with Dolphins (5 years)
Mike Wallace is overrated. He has blazing speed, but he's a horribly inefficient receiver. He dropped tons of passes and ranked near the bottom of the NFL in terms of catch percentage among starting wideouts.
Greg Jennings, WR, Packers. Age: 29.
Signed with Vikings
Greg Jennings is a talented receiver, but he may be overvalued because he's always worked with either Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. Plus, he tends to get banged up quite frequently.
Wes Welker, WR, Patriots. Age: 32.
Signed with Broncos
Wes Welker produces like crazy fantasy numbers, but he's also one of the league's most overrated players. There's a reason why the Patriots wouldn't show him the money. He drops lots of passes and is arguably a product of the system. He's also about to enter his mid-30s. Still, he's a highly effective slot receiver.
Danario Alexander (RFA), WR, Chargers. Age: 25.
Tendered by Chargers (original)
Danario Alexander exploded after signing with the Chargers in the middle of the season, catching 36 balls for 624 yards and six touchdowns in nine games. He has tons of potential, but he is also a big risk because of his extensive injury history.
Danny Amendola, WR, Rams. Age: 27.
Signed with Patriots (5 years)
Danny Amendola is one of the top slot receivers in the NFL, but he's incredibly brittle. He can't be trusted with a big contract.
Brandon Lloyd, Patriots. Age: 32.
Brandon Lloyd's 1,448-yard 2010 campaign seems like a decade ago. Lloyd has been pretty mediocre the past two seasons. He just couldn't generate any chemistry with Tom Brady, as he's been accused of trying to avoid contact and having a negative attitude. Worst of all, he'll be 32 in July, so he's unlikely to have another 1,000-yard season.
Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins. Age: 26.
Re-signed with Dolphins (5 years, $30.7 million)
Brian Hartline made a name for himself by catching 12 balls for 253 yards and a touchdown at Arizona in Week 4, but remarkably didn't find the end zone after that. Hartline is perfectly fine as a No. 2 wideout, but he's too inconsistent to be a top option.
Julian Edelman, WR/KR, Patriots. Age: 27.
Re-signed with Patriots
Julian Edelman is a nice weapon to have on offense and special teams, but he spends too much time on the injury report.
Titus Young, WR, Rams. Age: 24.
There's no questioning Titus Young's talent, but he's a major head case. He started off last season by punching teammate Louis Delmas. He then sabotaged a game against the Packers by intentionally lining up in the wrong spots. And to top it off, he continued to mouth off on Twitter during the offseason, indicating that he hadn't learned his lesson. I wouldn't touch him, but there might be a coach out there who can turn him around.
Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Raiders. Age: 26.
Signed with Colts (1 year)
Darrius Heyward-Bey caught 64 balls for 975 yards in 2011, but he's not a very good receiver. He has terrible hands and run awful routes. He does have upside though with his size and speed, so maybe some great coaching could get the most out of him.
Michael Spurlock, WR/KR, Chargers. Age: 30.
Signed with Lions
Michael Spurlock scored two special-teams touchdowns in 2012. He also recorded seven catches for 64 yards in one game as a slot receiver.
Emmanuel Sanders (RFA), WR, Steelers. Age: 26.
Steelers match tender offer
Emmanuel Sanders caught 44 balls for 626 yards and a touchdown in his third season. He could be thrust into the starting lineup if Mike Wallace leaves.
Laurent Robinson, WR, Jaguars. Age: 28.
Laurent Robinson has been medically cleared to play following his multiple concussions. With that being the case, he deserves a spot on a roster to compete for a No. 2 role. Teams need to be cautious, however, given Robinson's extensive injury history.
Ted Ginn, KR, 49ers. Age: 28.
Signed with Panthers
Ted Ginn didn't score a special-teams touchdown for the first time since 2008, but was still effective taking back punts.
Joshua Cribbs, KR, Browns. Age: 30.
Signed with Raiders
Joshua Cribbs maintained decent return averages in 2012, but he has just one special-teams touchdown in the past three years. He'll be 30 in June.
David Nelson, WR, Bills. Age: 26.
Signed with Browns
David Nelson caught 61 passes for 658 yards in his second season back in 2011. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL in the opening week this year. He should be ready for kickoff weekend of 2013.
- Brandon Gibson, WR, Rams. Age: 26. -- Signed with Dolphins
- Donnie Avery, WR, Colts. Age: 29. -- Signed with Chiefs
- Domenik Hixon, WR, Giants. Age: 28. -- Signed with Panthers
- Ramses Barden, WR, Giants. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Giants
- Kevin Ogletree, WR, Cowboys. Age: 26. -- Signed with Buccaneers
- Donald Jones, WR, Bills. Age: 25. -- Signed with Patriots
- Kevin Walter, WR, Texans. Age: 32. -- Signed with Titans
- Jerome Simpson, WR, Vikings. Age: 27. -- Re-signed with Vikings (1 year)
- Steve Breaston, WR, Chiefs. Age: 30.
- Brandon Stokley, WR, Broncos. Age: 37.
- Johnny Knox, WR, Bears. Age: 26. -- Announced retirement
- Richard Goodman (RFA), KR, Chargers. Age: 26. -- Re-signed with Chargers (1 year, $630,000)
- Brandon Tate, KR, Bengals. Age: 25. -- Re-signed with Bengals (1 year)
- Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets. Age: 30.
- Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Browns. Age: 26. -- Signed with Jaguars (2 years)
- Louis Murphy, WR, Panthers. Age: 26. -- Signed with Giants
- Seyi Ajirotutu (RFA), WR, Chargers. Age: 26.
- Michael Jenkins, WR, Vikings. Age: 31. -- Signed with Patriots
- Sammie Stroughter, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 27.
- Chaz Schilens, WR, Jets. Age: 27.
- Early Doucet, WR, Cardinals. Age: 27.
- Devery Henderson, WR, Saints. Age: 31. -- Signed with Redskins
- Deon Butler, WR, Seahawks. Age: 27. -- Signed with Chargers
- Marlon Moore (RFA), WR, Dolphins. Age: 25. -- Signed with 49ers
- Derek Hagan, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.
- Austin Collie, WR, Colts. Age: 27.
- Kassim Osgood, WR, Lions. Age: 33. -- Signed with 49ers
- Randy Moss, WR, 49ers. Age: 36.
- Steve Smith, WR, Rams. Age: 28. -- Signed with Buccaneers
- Donte' Stallworth, WR, Patriots. Age: 32. -- Signed with Redskins
- Ben Obomanu, WR, Seahawks. Age: 29.
- Deion Branch, WR, Patriots. Age: 34.
- Devin Aromashodu, WR, Vikings. Age: 29.
- Matt Willis, WR, Broncos. Age: 29.
- Plaxico Burress, WR, Steelers. Age: 36. -- Re-signed with Steelers
- Roscoe Parrish, KR, Buccaneers. Age: 31.
- David Reed (RFA), WR, Ravens. Age: 26.
- Brian Robiskie, WR, Lions. Age: 25.
- Ruvell Martin, WR, Bills. Age: 31.
- Anthony Armstrong, WR, Cowboys. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Cowboys
- Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25.
- Courtney Roby, KR, Saints. Age: 30. -- Re-signed with Saints
- Donald Driver, WR, Packers. Age: 38. -- Announced retirement
| FA Grades
Fantasy Football Rankings - Sept. 2
2016 NBA Mock Draft - Aug. 25
2017 NFL Mock Draft - July 29
2016 NFL Mock Draft - July 28
2016 NBA Mock Draft - May 7
NFL Picks - Feb. 1
NFL Free Agents